Party Wall Act Saltdean

We are professional Building Consultants and Chartered Surveyors with a wealth of knowledge dealing with all Party Wall Act matters.

How can we help you today?

Property Search - We have properties available now on Rightmove!

Our expert team can advise on a wide range of building issues, offer surveys and reports, and advise on all issues arising from the Party Wall Act 1996.

The Party Wall Act Experts

A party wall is defined as the dividing wall between your property and a neighbour's property, or an excavation within close proximity to a neighbours property. The Act was enshrined in English law in July 1997. Any refurbishment proposals or construction projects which involve building works to a party wall - then the Party Wall Act applies.

Any building work may affect the strength or support function of a party wall between two properties, or it has the potential to cause damage to the neighbouring side of the wall, must be notified in writing. If the Party Wall Act applies to building works on your behalf or on your neighbour, the process needs to be correctly followed and administered. Therefore, this requires a detailed understanding of what you must and must not do and what is and what is not permissible. If the Act is not followed correctly, work may be stopped whilst the issue is resolved, which can mean there are extra costs and delays involved.

Southdown Surveyors 

Southdown Surveyors are professional Chartered Surveyors and Building Consultants have been providing clients throughout Sussex with professional service for over 10 years. We are specialists in the Party Wall Act and our professional team give specific advice on your property. With our experts, we are able to offer the correct legal procedures to ensure your proposals are undertaken within the guidelines of the Party Wall Act.

Matthew Symmonds, who founded Southdown Surveyors, has a particular interest in Party Walls. He is highly experienced within this specific legislation. Matthew is a member of The Pyramus & Thisbe Club which is a professional organisation that promotes best practice in the sufficient application of the Party Wall Act 1996.

Can We Help You?

There are many disputes which can arise at any point over building projects. If there has not been a satisfactory agreement achieved between the neighbouring parties and written consent has not been given under the Party Wall Act 1996, we can help to resolve the situation. We are completely impartial when we liaise with your neighbours and their surveyors to ensure that all parties meet their obligations and everyone is treated fairly. We have experience acting as the Building Owner's surveyor or the Adjoining Owner's surveyor, wherever the work is being undertaken. We can provide you with peace of mind knowing your project will be successful.

Further Information

Before any building work is carried out, we advice that you obtain professional advice to gain an overview of the processes and obligations of the Party Wall Act. If you require more information, an explanatory booklet is available here and an overview from the Government can be obtained here. It is recommended that specific advice for your situation should be requested from a professional Surveyor who is familiar with the Act.

Our team are happy to help if you need any more information - please call us on 01323 739 183 or complete the form on this page. The following links are useful for any further guidance: – Guidance on preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls – A clear, impartial guide to party walls

Proud members of

RCIS icon
Chamber of commerce icon

Confidence through professional standards