Party Wall Act Hailsham

Southdown Surveyors are a professional team of building consultants offering assistance with all Party Wall Act queries.

How can we help you today?

Property Search - We have properties available now on Rightmove!

Southdown Surveyors offer surveys and advise on all issues arising from the Party Wall Act 1996.

The Party Wall Act Experts in Hailsham

A 'party wall' is the dividing wall between yours and your neighbour's properties, or an excavation within close proximity to a neighbours property. The Party Wall Act was established in July 1997 and it applies to any refurbishment proposal or construction projects which affect this party wall.

If construction work has the potential to cause damage or affect the strength of the party wall then this needs to be documented in writing. If The Party Wall Act applies to the building works on behalf of yourself or your neighbour, then the process needs to be correctly followed and administered. This requires a comprehensive understanding of what is and is not permissible within the Act. If it is not followed correctly, then work may be stopped whilst the issue is being resolved which can mean extra delays and costs.

About Us

Southdown Surveyors are experienced Chartered Surveyors and Building Consultants who have been providing a range of building services for over 10 years. We are considered specialists of the Party Wall Act and our team give specific advice regarding your property. We offer legal procedures to ensure your proposals follow the guidelines of the Party Wall Act.

Founder of Southdown Surveyors is Matthew Symmonds who is highly skilled within this specific legislation. Matthew is a member of The Pyramus and Thisbe Club which is an organisation who promote best practice in the application of The Party Wall Act 1996.

How can we help?

There are several disputes which can emerge if you are working on a building project. We are here to help resolve any uncomfortable situation between neighbouring parties. We are entirely impartial when liaising between yourself and your neighbours. We ensure that all parties meet their obligations and it is a fair process. We have plenty of experience acting as the Building Owner's surveyor or the neighbour's surveyor, dependent on where the work is being undertaken.

Get in touch

Prior to any building work going ahead, we suggest you obtain professional advice to gain an idea of the processes and obligations of the Party Wall Act. If you need any more information, please see this explanatory booklet or an overview from the Government here. We recommend getting professional advice from a Surveyor regarding your situation.

Our team are happy to help if you need any more information - please call us on 01323 739 183 or complete the form on this page. The following links are useful for further advice: – Guidance on preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls – A clear, impartial guide to party walls

Proud members of

RCIS icon
Chamber of commerce icon

Confidence through professional standards