Southdown Surveyors are Chartered Surveyors who specialise in Building Surveys. RICS Level 3 Home Surveys are suitable if you are dealing with a building which is run-down, old, large, unusual, altered or if you are planning major works. It is more expensive that some other RICS reports, but it provides an in-depth level of detail, discussing the structure and materials of the property. If the results of the survey identify costly defects, you may be able to negotiate with the vendor.
What does a RICS Level 3 Home Survey include?
- Detailed inspection and report on a range of issues
- A description of visible defects and problems cause by hidden flaws
- An outline of repair options and the likely results of inactivity
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of potential risks
We can add some additional services to your building survey, dependent on your requirements. There may be an extra charge, dependent upon the individual property:
- Cost guidelines, scales floor plans, feasibility studies and maintenance schedules
- Estimated cost of repairs
- Reinstatement cost assessment
- The use of a 'cherry-picker' to allow a more comprehensive assessment of the roof areas
Why Choose Us?
We are an independent firm of Building Consultants and Chartered Surveyors working across East Sussex. We are a small, local business offering reliable, professional building services. We pride ourselves on providing personal, approachable service alongside extremely competitive fees. We will tailor our service to suit your requirements, always giving you the full picture so that you can make an informed decision regarding your property.
At every stage of the process, our team will be there to discuss our findings in a clear and simple manner. We always aim to assure every client makes an educated and informed decision regarding their property.
If an issue is detected such as cracking or water penetration, we can provide a specific defect report. Snagging assessments are also available for newly built or converted dwellings. We can even help with commercial and domestic Energy Performance Certificates, asbestos surveys which includes sample testing, drainage surveys and fire risk assessments.
To get in touch, please use the form at the top of this page or give us a call on 01323 739 183.