Southdown Surveyors are an independent firm of Chartered Surveyors and Building Consultants. Providing clients in Newhaven and across the South East with professional building services, we offer a friendly and personal service with extremely competitive fees. Dependent upon your requirements, our services can be tailored to satisfy your specific needs, providing the necessary information for you to make an informed decision on your prospective property purchase.
We specialise in RICS Level 3 Building Surveys. These surveys are essential if you are dealing with a property that is large, old, run-down, unusual, altered or if you are planning
major works. It costs more than the other RICS reports due to the level of detailed information it provides about the structure and fabric of the property.
What does the RICS Building Survey include?:
- Thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues
- Description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous
- Outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
We can add the following services to your RICS Building Survey if required. Depending upon the individual merits of the property, an additional charge may be applicable:
- Estimated costs of repairs
- Reinstatement cost assessment
- Cost guidelines, feasibility studies, scaled floor plans and maintenance
- The use of a ‘cherry-picker’ to allow closer access to roof areas to provide a more comprehensive assessment
Our consultant surveyors are available to provide further assistance with asbestos surveys including sample testing, both commercial and domestic Energy Performance Certificates, drainage surveys and fire risk assessments.
At every stage of your survey we are on-hand to discuss our
services and explain our findings in down-to-earth, simple language! We
leave you feeling assured that you are making an educated and informed purchase
of your property in Bexhill. If the survey identifies costly-to-repair defects, you
may be able to save money by negotiating with the vendor. Furthermore, we can provide Specific Defect reports if an individual issue is identified, such as cracking or water penetration, or
snagging assessments for newly built or converted dwellings.
One of our friendly team can provide guidance if you are in any doubt on which survey you need. Alternatively, if you know that you need a HomeBuyers Report or Building
Survey in Newhaven, please