Southdown Surveyors specialise in RICS Level 3 Building Surveys. These surveys are ideal if you are dealing with a property that is large, old, run-down, unusual, altered or if you are planning major works. Whilst more costly than other RICS reports, it provides far more detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.
We are an independent firm of Building Surveyors and Building Consultants, providing clients across East Sussex with a range of professional building services. As a local business, we offer a friendly and personal service with extremely competitive fees. Dependent upon your requirements, we can tailor our services to meet your individual needs, providing the necessary information to make an informed decision on your prospective property purchase.
What does the survey include?:
- Thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues
- Description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws
- Outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions
We are chartered surveyors who are proud to offer the option of adding additional services to your RICS Building Survey. Dependent upon the individual merits of the property, an additional charge may be applicable:
- Reinstatement cost assessment
- Estimated costs of repairs
- Cost guidelines, feasibility studies, scaled floor plans and maintenance schedules
- The use of a ‘cherry-picker’ to allow closer access to roof areas to provide a more comprehensive assessment
At every stage of your survey our team are on-hand to discuss our services and explain our findings in a down-to-earth, simple manner. Our aim is to leave you feeling assured that you are making an educated and informed purchase of your property in Hastings. You may be able to save money by negotiating with the vendor, if the survey identifies costly-to-repair defects.
Furthermore, we can provide Specific Defect reports if an individual issue is identified, such as cracking or water penetration. Snagging assessments for newly built or converted dwellings are available and our consultant surveyors are available to provide further assistance with the following: asbestos surveys (including sample testing), commercial and domestic Energy Performance Certificates, drainage surveys and fire risk assessments.
If you are are unsure which survey to choose, one of our friendly team can point you in the right direction. Or, if you already know that you require a HomeBuyers Report or Building Survey, please contact us today or use our quotation form at the top of this page.