Chartered Building Surveyors in Eastbourne
Southdown Surveyors are a local, independent practice, specialising in home surveys and reports. Working with clients in Eastbourne and across the South East of the country, we offer a friendly and personal service with extremely competitive fees. Our services are tailored to satisfy your specific needs, providing you with the necessary information to an make informed decision on your prospective property purchase.
An RICS Level 3 Building Survey is essential if you are dealing with a property that is large, old, run-down, unusual, altered or if you are planning
major works. It costs more than the other RICS reports because it gives
detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.
The RICS Building Survey includes:
- Thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues
- Description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws
- Outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous
The following services can be added to the RICS Building Survey. Depending on the individual merits of the property an additional charge may be applicable for these additional services:
- Estimated costs of repairs
- Reinstatement cost assessment
- Cost guidelines, feasibility studies, scaled floor plans and maintenance
- The use of a ‘cherry-picker’ to allow closer access to roof areas to provide a more comprehensive assessment
We also have consultant surveyors who are able to further provide asbestos surveys including sample testing, both commercial and domestic Energy Performance Certificates, drainage surveys and fire risk assessments.
Before, during and after your survey we are available to discuss our services and explain our findings; always in down-to-earth, simple language! We leave you feeling assured that you are making an educated and informed purchase
of your property. In some cases, where the survey identifies costly-to-repair defects, you may be able to save money by negotiating with the vendor. Furthermore, we can provide Specific Defect reports for when an individual issue has been identified, such as cracking or water penetration, or snagging assessments for newly built or converted dwellings.
If you are in any doubt on the survey you need, please just give us a call and one of our friendly team will guide you in the right direction. Alternatively, if you know that you need a HomeBuyers Report or Building Survey in Eastbourne, please