Southdown Surveyors are an independent firm of Chartered Surveyors and Building Consultants based in East Sussex. We provide clients across the Sussex area with professional building services at extremely competitive fees. Our services can be tailored to meet your needs, dependent upon your requirements, providing the necessary information you need to make an informed decision on a prospective property purchase.
RICS Level 3 Home Survey East Sussex
Our team specialise in RICS Level 3 Home Surveys. These surveys are essential if you are dealing with a property that is large, old, run-down, unusual, altered, or if you are planning major works. It is more costly than the other RICS reports on account of the extra level of detail provided about the structure and fabric of the property. At every stage, we are on-hand to discuss and explain our findings in down-to-earth, simple language! Our aim is to ensure you feel confident that you are making an educated and informed property purchase. A RICS Level 3 Home Survey includes:
- Thorough inspection and a detailed report on a wider range of issues
- Full description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous
- Outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
The following options can be added to your Survey if required (depending upon the individual merits of the property, an additional charge may be applicable):
- Estimated costs of repairs
- Reinstatement cost assessment
- Cost guidelines, feasibility studies, scaled floor plans and maintenance
- The use of a ‘cherry-picker’ to allow closer access to roof areas to provide a more comprehensive assessment
Our Chartered and Building Surveyors are available to provide further assistance with asbestos surveys including sample testing, both commercial and domestic Energy Performance Certificates, drainage surveys and fire risk assessments. If the survey identifies costly-to-repair defects, you may be able to save money by negotiating with the vendor. Furthermore, we can provide Specific Defect reports if an individual issue is identified, such as water penetration or cracking, or snagging assessments for newly built or converted dwellings.
If you are in any doubt as to which survey you require, one of our friendly team can provide guidance. Alternatively, if you know that you need a specific building survey please contact us.