Building Surveys Brighton
Southdown Surveyors are an independent firm of Building Surveyors working locally in Brighton and across the South East providing a variation of professional building services. We specialise in RICS level 3 building surveys which are ideal if you are dealing with a property which is large, old, run-down, unusual, altered or if you are planning major works.
Whilst this is a more costly process than other RICS reports, it provides more detail about the building's structure and fabrics. We offer this service at surprisingly low prices in comparison to some of our competitors. We offer a friendly and personal service - that is tailor-made to your needs using all the information we find when making an informed decision on your property.
Building Surveyor Brighton - What do we do?:
- Thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues
- Description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions
- Outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
Dependent upon the individual merits of the property, an additional charge may be applicable if you need any of the additional services we offer:
- The use of a ‘cherry-picker’ to allow closer access to roof areas to provide a more comprehensive assessment
- Reinstatement cost assessment
- Estimated costs of repairs
- Cost guidelines, feasibility studies, scaled floor plans and maintenance
We understand that with so many options, it can be overwhelming. Our friendly team are always on hand to discuss any of our services and advice you following our findings. We aim to leave you feeling assured that you are making a well-informed purchase of your property. If the survey identifies defects that are costly to repair, you could even save money by negotiating with the vendor. If an individual issue is identified, we can provide specific defect reports. Snagging assessments can be produced for newly built or converted dwellings. Our Consultant Surveyors are available to carry out asbestos surveys (including sample testing), domestic or commercial Energy Performance Certificates, party wall assessment, drainage surveys and fire risk assessments.
If you are are unsure which survey to choose, we have a building surveyor who can point you in the right direction. Or, if you already know that you require a HomeBuyers Report or Survey, please contact our team today or use our simple ‘Quotation Form‘ to obtain a fee quotation.