Southdown Surveyors are an independent, local firm of Chartered Surveyors and Building Consultants based in East Sussex. We provide clients across the Sussex area with professional building services, and whilst a building survey is slightly more costly, we provide surveys at extremely competitive fees. Our services can be tailored to meet your needs, providing the necessary information you need to make an informed decision on a prospective property purchase.
We specialise in RICS level 3 home surveys which is ideal if you are thinking of purchasing or renovating a property which is large, old, run-down, unusual, altered or if you are planning major works. This particular survey will give you a lot more detail about the building structure and fabrics.
What will a RICS Level 3 Home Survey include?
- Thorough inspection and a detailed report on a wider range of issues
- Full description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous
- Outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
The following options can be added to your Survey if required (depending upon the individual merits of the property, an additional charge may be applicable):
- Estimated costs of repairs
- The use of a ‘cherry-picker’ to allow closer access to roof areas to provide a more comprehensive assessment
- Reinstatement cost assessment
- Cost guidelines, feasibility studies, scaled floor plans and maintenance schedules
Our experienced and friendly team are always available to discuss our services further. Once the survey has been completed, our service does not simply stop. We are always on hand to discuss findings and we guarantee you will be left feeling confident you have made a well-educated decision in purchasing your property. If the survey identifies repairs which could be costly, we can help you save money by informing you about the correct negotiations with the vendor. We can provide specific defect reports if necessary, or even snagging assessments for newly built or converted dwellings. Our consultant surveyors will provide any asbestos surveys (including sample testing), party wall advice, commercial and domestic energy performance certificates, drainage surveys or fire risk assessments if required.
If you are in any doubt as to which survey you require, one of our friendly team can provide guidance. Please get in touch today.