Building Surveyors in East Sussex
Southdown Surveyors are professional Chartered Surveyors working throughout East Sussex providing a range of property services. One of our most popular services is a RICS Level 3 Building Survey which is vital if you are planning major works to a large or old building. Whilst this is more costly than other RICS reports, it provides a highly detailed report regarding the building structure and fabric of the property.
We are a local company offering personal, friendly and professional service at competitive prices. We tailor our service to suit you and meet your individual requirements. We can provide you with all of the necessary information you need to make an informed decision regarding the property in question.
What does a building survey include?:
- A detailed inspection and thorough report on a huge range of issues
- A full description of visible defects and possible problems caused by hidden flaws
- Description of repair options and potential consequences of inactivity
- Guidance for legal advisers and details of risks and dangerous conditions
We are proud to offer additional services should you require them, dependent on the individual merits of the property a charge may be required.
- Reinstatement cost assessment
- Potential cost of repairs
- Cost guidelines, feasibility studies, scaled floor plans and maintenance schedules
- The use of a ‘cherry-picker’ to allow closer access to roof areas to provide a more detailed assessment
We are here to make the whole process of your survey as simple as possible. We can explain our findings in simple terms to ensure you well-informed regarding the purchase of your property. If the survey identifies costly-to-repair defects, we can help you negotiate with the vendor to save some money. If required, we can provide specific defect reports such as cracking or water penetration. We can also provide snagging surveys for newly built of convered properties. Should you require the following we can also provide: asbestos surveys (including sample testing), drainage surveys, fire risk assessments and energy performance certificates.
If you would like to talk it through with a member of the team, please let us guide you through the process by contacting us today. Give us a call on 01323 739183 or use the form at the top of this page.
We offer a range of services so please contact us for any aspect of property management which you would like help with.